Child and Family Counsellor
- 027 4921718
- P.O. Box 37-095, Parnell, Auckland 1151
Terri-Anne graduated in 1992 with a Master of Arts from Victoria University, Wellington and in 2005 completed further postgraduate training in Child Psychotherapy through Monash University, Melbourne. She has worked with parents and children in a variety of settings in New Zealand & overseas, and has considerable experience within DHB Perinatal, Infant and Child Mental Health teams.
Areas of Specialisation
- Expectant and new parents struggling with:
- adjustment to parenthood due to antenatal or postnatal distress
- complex feelings or difficulties bonding with their child
- managing extra stresses such as disability, premature birth, health issues
- general parenting challenges
- Children under 5 years presenting with difficulties in the following areas:
- generalised and separation anxiety
- sleeping and feeding concerns
- anger and emotional regulation difficulties
- challenging behaviour
- Primary-aged children presenting with anxiety
Terri-Anne has experience and training in a wide variety of methods, which allow her to choose an approach that you and your child will feel comfortable with. She uses a range of evidence-based therapeutic approaches incorporating elements of the following:
- parent infant psychotherapy
- play therapy
- narrative therapy
- cognitive behavioural therapy
Terri-Anne always keeps you and your goals at the heart of the therapy process and supports your family to build on strengths that enables permanent changes to be made.
Registered Counsellor with New Zealand Association of Counsellors
Certified ‘Parent Child Interaction Therapy’ Therapist
Registered ‘Circle of Security Parenting’ programme Facilitator
Certified in NCAST Parent-Child Interaction Feeding Scale
Fee is $140 (including GST) for a 50 minute session. Fees are payable at the completion of the session. Payment is accepted via cash or internet banking.
Please provide at least 24 hours notice if you need to cancel. A late cancellation fee will otherwise be charged as it is rarely possible to fill appointments at short notice.
Making an Appointment
Email, text or phone Terri-Anne directly to make an appointment or for enquiries. If calling, please leave a message on her phone. Terri-Anne will respond to messages by the end of the day.
- Phone: 027 4921718