Registered Clinical Psychologist
- 09 303 4800
- PO Box 37-095, Parnell, Auckland
Renuka was born in India. She came to NZ in 1987 to train as a Clinical Psychologist. She stayed on, making NZ her home. Renuka has been practicing as a Psychologist since 1991. She has extensive experience in working with adult mental health issues, and with children and families, both in the public system and private practice.
Renuka is registered under the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act (2003) and is a full member of the NZ Psychological Society.
- Renuka aims to actively assist clients in reclaiming their lives and relationships from distressing problems.
- Is guided by Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Narrative Therapy ideas and practices.
- For resolving psychological trauma: Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) and John Briere’s modified Cognitive-Behavioural approach.
- Works collaboratively with clients to plan the goals, time frame and approach to therapy, and reviews progress regularly.
Areas of Specialization
- Abuse-related trauma (including counselling under ACC sensitive claims)
- Child & adolescent problems
- Cross cultural issues (Indian/Asian)
- Eating difficulties
- Family Court issues
- Grief and Loss
- Life changes
- Marital and relationship problems
- Migration and relocation
- Separation and divorce
- Trauma & Post traumatic stress
Wali. R. (2001). Working therapeutically with Indian families within a New Zealand context. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Family Therapy, March, Volume 22, No.1, pp 10-17.
Fee for psychological sessions is $205.00 plus GST (subsidised to $205 incl GST for self-funded clients) for a 1 hour session. A different fee structure applies for forensic work and briefs of evidence.
Payment can be made by cash, cheque or internet and is required at the end of each session (no eftpos available). Some health insurances provide partial cover for Registered Psychologists, so please check with your insurer. If you need to cancel an appointment please provide at least one working day’s notice. A late cancellation fee will otherwise be charged.
Making an Appointment
Contact can be made with Renuka by email or phone. If your call is responded to by an answer phone, please leave a message and your call will be returned promptly.
- 09 303 4800