Nic is from Auckland, New Zealand, and is of Italian and Samoan descent. For the last 6 years he has helped people with a wide range of problems doing brief therapy in medical settings. Prior to this Nic worked as a telephone counsellor for children and youth for 3 years.
My approach is underpinned by compassion and having genuine respect for those I see and their personal stories and struggles. The psychological strategies I use in therapy derive from cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT), particularly acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) and motivational interviewing. Sessions typically revolve around understanding current life context, managing thoughts and feelings effectively, and helping people take steps towards a more meaningful life.
Areas of specialisation:
- Supporting people with physical health conditions, from diagnosis, through treatment
- Stress, lifestyle management & PMS
- Diabetes and self-management support for other long term conditions
- Sport psychology – supporting athletes in and out of the arena (handling setbacks, supporting rehabilitation, mind-management skills for performance improvement)
- Life changes
- Post Graduate Diploma in Health Psychology, University of Auckland
- Masters in Science – Health Psychology, University of Auckland
- Post Graduate Diploma in Science, University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology and Italian)
- NZ Psychological Society
- NZ Institute of Health Psychology
- Sport Psychology Associates NZ
$180 (includes GST)
Fees are paid at the time of session by internet banking or cash (no eftpos available). Any cancellations need to be at least one working day in advance, otherwise a cancellation fee may be charged.
Email or phone (self or other) referrals accepted.
Making an Appointment:
Please phone Nic direct on 0211079301. Calls are returned as soon as possible. Nic is available on Wednesdays from 2pm until late.