Clinical Psychologist / Neuropsychologist
- 021 101 6768
- PO Box 37-095, Parnell 1151 Auckland
I am registered as a Clinical Psychologist and a Neuropsychologist and am a full member of the New Zealand Psychological Society and their Institute of Clinical Psychologists. I work full time in private practice and have previously worked in the public health service with the District Health Board in South Auckland within their Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service. I have extensive experience in working with mental health issues for adults, adolescents, children and their families.
I undertake neuropsychological assessments and cognitive assessments. I possess specialized knowledge with the diagnosis and management of Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and facilitate psycho educational sessions on ASD for families and care givers. Social Skills training for clients diagnosed with ASD is also undertaken.
I have trained as a Family Therapist in New Zealand.
- Therapy is guided by Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and Behavioural Therapy Principals with considerations for individual’s interests, culture, spirituality and general goals for life.
- Work is undertaken in collaboratively with clients to set goals, time frames and issues they would like to address. Opportunities are provided to clients to gain mastery and control over their lives. There is regular assessment of therapy goals and review of progress.
- Treatment is guided by latest research, current developments and best practice in Psychological Assessment and Therapy.
- Regular consultation with other professionals in the field is undertaken as part of maintaining high standards of practice.
Areas of Specialization
- Anxiety / Stress / Worry
- Loss and Grief
- Work Related Stress
- Anger Management
- Relationship difficulties
- Life transitions
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders – Diagnosis and Management
- Psychometric Assessments
- Marital Counselling
- Parenting Challenges
Fees and Cancellations
Fees are $200 plus GST for a 50 to 60 minute session. Payment can be made by cash, cheque or internet and is required at the time of each session (no eftpos available). If you need to cancel an appointment, you will be required to provide a notice of at least one working day. A full sessional fee will otherwise be charged.
Making an Appointment
Appointments can be made by contacting me on my cell phone. If my phone is answered by a voice mail, leave a message, and I will call you back. Alternatively, you could also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 021 101 6768