- 09 368 4873
- P.O. Box 37-095, Parnell, Auckland 1151
I graduated from Auckland University as a Clinical Psychologist in 1989. Initially I worked for child and adult mental health services in South Auckland before commencing a private practice in 1992. I am registered under the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act (2003) as a Clinical Psychologist and I am a member of the NZ Psychological Society.
My approach to therapy is guided by:
- Narrative Therapy ideas
- Cognitive Therapy approaches
- For couple counselling: Emotionally Focused Couple Counselling (EFCT).
- For trauma and abuse survivors: Eye Movement Desensitisation and Re-processing (EMDR) or John Briere’s Modified Cognitive-Behavioural approach.
- Co-operatively developed goals for therapy.
- I regularly review outcomes to ensure that therapy is helpful.
Areas of Specialisation
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- Couples counselling
- Psychological Trauma
- Separation and Divorce
- Life changes
The fee for a 50 minute consultation is $220.00 plus GST ($253.00).
Payment can be made either at the time of the session or subsequently by online bank transfer. Some medical Insurers contribute towards payment of counselling with Registered Psychologists. If you need to cancel an appointment please provide at least one working day’s notice. A late cancellation fee may otherwise be charged.
Making an appointment
Contact with David is best made by Email. Alternatively you may leave a message on the answer phone which is checked each day.
- 09 368 4873