- 09 368 4873
- P.O. Box 37-095, Parnell, Auckland 1151
I graduated from Auckland University as a Clinical Psychologist in 1989. Initially I worked for child and adult mental health services in South Auckland before commencing a private practice in 1992. I am registered under the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act (2003) as a Clinical Psychologist and I am a member of the NZ Psychological Society.
My approach to therapy is guided by:
- Narrative Therapy ideas
- Cognitive Therapy approaches
- For couple counselling: Emotionally Focused Couple Counselling (EFCT).
- For trauma and abuse survivors: Eye Movement Desensitisation and Re-processing (EMDR) or John Briere’s Modified Cognitive-Behavioural approach.
- Co-operatively developed goals for therapy.
- I regularly review outcomes to ensure that therapy is helpful.
Areas of Specialisation
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- Couples counselling
- Psychological Trauma
- Separation and Divorce
- Life changes
Fees and Cancellations
The fee for a 50-minute consultation is $276.00 (incl. GST).
A different fee structure applies for special services.
Payment is via online banking and is appreciated within 3 days of invoicing.
Some medical insurers will partly fund therapy by a registered clinical psychologist. Please check with your insurer if this applies to you.
There is no charge if you cancel your appointment up to the day before. If a cancellation is made on the day of the appointment or there is a failure to attend a booked session a full fee will apply.
Making an appointment
Contact with David is best made by Email. Alternatively, you may leave a message on the answerphone which is checked each day.
- 09 368 4873