Clinical Psychologist / Psychotherapy
- 027 528 1181
- PO Box 25 762, St Heliers, Auckland 1740
Mark graduated from The University of Auckland in 2000 in Clinical Psychology and is currently registered under The Health Practitioners Act 2003. Mark has worked in Community Mental Health Services since 1998, has had counselling and therapy roles since 1993, completed a Post Graduate Certificate in Advanced Psychotherapy (Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy) in 2003, and completed the NZ Institute of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Training Programme in 2010. Mark is a current member of The NZ Psychological Society and is ACC Registered for Sensitive Claims work.
Mark’s approach to therapy is guided by:
- Psychodynamic and attachment ideas
- Cognitive and mindfulness theories
- Emotion Focused Therapy for Couples (EFT Couples)
- Working collaboratively with clients to find the situational issues and the patterns in their lives which contribute to their current dilemmas
- Highlighting current skill sets and developing new skills for coping with issues
- Providing a reflective space for being able to talk things through
Areas of Specialisation
- People hearing, seeing, or experiencing things that others are not – which is sometimes referred to as “Psychosis”
- Psychological trauma – and abuse related issues
- Dissociative experiences
- Depression, anxiety, and mood related issues
- Life changes and life transitions
- Relationship problems
- Clinical Supervision
Time and Fees
Mark is available for appointments between Monday and Friday.
Fees are $180.00 for a 55 minute session. Payment is required at the time of the session via EFTPOS or by Internet Banking transfer after each session. Some health insurers cover a portion of the fee associated with therapy from a Clinical Psychologist – check with your insurer.
There is a cancellation policy and this is discussed at the initial appointment.
Making an Appointment
Phone, Text or Email mark directly for appointment times. Please leave a message on the answer phone and Mark will return your call promptly.
- 027 528 1181