Registered Clinical Psychologist
- 021 186 3774
- PO Box 37-095, Parnell 1151, Auckland
I am a registered clinical psychologist who has worked for 20 years within a variety of settings: Private Practice, ProCare Health NZ, EAP (Employment Assistance Programmes), NZ Family Court, Community and Inpatient Mental Health, Mother and Baby Unit (Starship Hospital) Paediatric Diabetes, Secondary Education System (School Guidance Counsellor and Teacher), Complementary Medicine, Retreat Center and Buddhist Hospice.
I see adults, couples, and new mothers.
Short term and long term therapy available
Sessions involve jointly forming a hypothesis as to cause and nature of the presenting problem and a discussion as to what approach(es) would effectively address this particular issue(s).
Areas that I can help you with are:
- Anxiety /Worries/Concerns/Stress
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Single or multi Trauma(s) including birth trauma (labour, cesareans, delivery)
- Grief and Loss and the Mourning process
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Belonging and Connection
- Life Transitions: personal and family including retirement and physical health.
- Living with and supporting someone with Type 1 Diabetes
- Quietening Mental Chatter
- Maternal Mental Health
- I offer professional supervision for mental health clinicians
Psychotherapeutic Approaches I draw from :
Mindfulness-Based and Mind/Body Therapies, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT), Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT) Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR – evidence based for trauma PTSD) Integrative Art Therapy
Fundamental to my approach is the trust in each person’s inner wisdom and capacity for self -healing.
- Registered with the NZ Psychologist Board
- Registered provider for psychological services for ACC
- $180.00 (GST inclusive) per hour
Fees are payable at the completion of the session. Cash or direct banking payment methods are accepted. Some health insurers provide partial cover for registered clinical psychologists so please check with your insurer. If you need to cancel an appointment please give at least 24 hour notice. A cancellation fee of 75% may apply if cancelled in less than 24 hours.
To Make an Appointment
Email or phone me directly for an appointment or any enquiries. Your call will sometimes be responded to by an answerphone; if so please leave a message and I’ll endeavour to call you as soon as I can.
- 021 186 3774