Registered Clinical Psychologist
- 0272 821 940
- PO Box 37-095, Parnell, Auckland
Paula graduated as a Clinical Psychologist in 1989 from the University of Waikato. Following graduation she worked for the Auckland Area Health Board in a variety of settings including acute adult inpatient, adult outpatient and child/family/adolescent outpatient community mental health. In 1992 Paula established a private practice in Parnell, Auckland providing psychological services for individuals, couples and families.
Paula believes each person has a unique history of experiences and skills which influence their thinking, feelings and behaviour. She enjoys working collaboratively developing the goals for therapy and generating new possibilities towards these goals.
Paula has a relational solution focused approach guided by cognitive behavioural therapy principals.
Areas of Specialization
- Clinical Consultancy for a range of issues including: anxiety and panic attacks, grief therapy, depression/mood disorders and psychological trauma (including sexual, emotional and physical abuse). Paula has a special interest in working with intimacy issues and offers relationship counselling
- Sex Therapy Consultancy. Paula is a Director of and an Accredited Sex Therapist with Sex Therapy New Zealand 2010 Ltd (www.sextherapy.co.nz ) providing services for this specialist organization. She is experienced in both couple and individual sexual and emotional intimacy issues.
- Couple Therapy. Paula is a Director of Relationship Therapy Inc. (www.relationshiptherapyinc.com). She offers training, supervision and consultation for relationship therapy. She is an approved Australasian Couples Institute Trainer for The Bader Pearson Developmental Model.
- Sport Psychology Consultancy for sport/exercise performance and enhancement. Paula is a director of Sport Psychology Associates(www.
sportpsychologyassociates.com). She and her team offer a range of services to elite and developing athletes across individual and team sports, including mental skills training and clinical psychology to improve sporting performance and personal well-being. Paula consulted for the NZ Academy of Sport and now consults for HPSNZ (High Performance Sport NZ) as a specialist provider for both carded and non-carded athletes, coaches and associated sports professionals. She provides services for NZCPA (NZ Cricket Players Association) and consults for other sporting organizations directly or through referral from doctors/professionals who specialize in Sports Medicine.
Fees are $200 (incl gst) for a 50 minute session for Individual consults and $225 (incl gst) for specialist Sport Psychology consults and Couple/Sex Therapy consults (note 1.5hr couple consults are available at $337.50 gst inc).
Fees are payable at the completion of the session. Cash or direct banking payment methods are accepted. There is no eftpos or credit card facility available.
Some medical insurers may contribute towards payment of counselling with Registered Psychologists.
If you need to cancel an appointment please provide at least two working days notice. A late cancellation fee may otherwise be charged. Sessions not attended or cancelled within 24 hours incur the full fee. Non paid invoices may be subject to debt collection and incur associated costs.
Email or phone (self or other) referrals accepted.
Making an Appointment
Please phone Paula direct on 0272821940. If your call is responded to by an answer phone, please leave a message. Calls are returned as soon as possible. Txt to cell phone are most useful. Paula offers appointments on M,Tu,F 8am-4pm and W 8am-8pm when available.
- 0272 821 940