- 09 303 4800
- P.O. Box 37-095, Parnell, Auckland 1151
I graduated from Auckland University as a Clinical Psychologist in 1989. Initially I worked for child and adult mental health services in South Auckland before commencing a private practice in 1992. I am registered under the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act (2003) as a Clinical Psychologist and I am a member of the NZ Psychological Society.
My approach to therapy is guided by:
- Narrative Therapy ideas
- Cognitive Therapy approaches
- For couple counselling: Emotionally Focused Couple Counselling (EFCT).
- For trauma and abuse survivors: Eye Movement Desensitisation and Re-processing (EMDR) or John Briere’s Modified Cognitive-Behavioural approach.
- Co-operatively developed goals for therapy.
- I regularly review outcomes to ensure that therapy is helpful.
Areas of Specialisation
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- Child and Adolescent problems
- Couples counselling
- Family Therapy
- Psychological Trauma
- Separation and Divorce
- Life changes
The fee for a 50 minutes consultation is $200.00 plus GST.
Payment is required at the time of the session. Some medical Insurers contribute towards payment of counselling with Registered Psychologists. If you need to cancel an appointment please provide at least one working day’s notice. A late cancellation fee may otherwise be charged.
Making an appointment
Phone me direct or email. If your call is responded to by an answer phone, please leave a message. I return calls promptly.
- 09 303 4800