Registered Clinical Psychologist
- PO Box 37-095 Parnell Auckland 1151
I completed my doctorate in 2007 at the University of Southampton in England. I also have a teaching certificate in Mindfulness Based Stress reduction (MBSR) from the renowned Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice in Bangor University in Wales. In my clinical practice in London I provided one-to-one therapy to adults, ran groups and supervised junior therapists. I am a New Zealand registered Psychologist under the Clinical Psychologist scope of practice and I am a chartered member of the British Psychological Society.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Mindfulness based therapy
- Compassion Focussed Therapy (CFT)
- Acceptance and Committment Therapy (ACT) ideas
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) ideas
- An active approach to overcoming problems by breaking them down into manageable chunks and together working towards your goals.
- A strongly held belief that better emotional health comes from the accumulation of small daily steps.
Areas of Specialisation
- Anger management
- Assertiveness training
- Drugs and alcohol
- Emotional eating
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Phobias (including animal phobias and flying phobias)
- Social anxiety (including public speaking)
- Stress management
- Obsessions and compulsions
- Worry (persistent and excessive)
A consultation costs $170. Payable by bank transfer on the day of the appointment. The initial consultation lasts approximately 90 minutes. Subsequent appointments last 50 minutes. Cancellation fees apply when less than 24 hours notice is given. The full fee applies in cases of late arrival on the day.
Making an Appointment
My clinic runs on Wednesday mornings. To arrange an appointment please email me at email@example.com I will respond promptly.